|Test Id||Reporting Name||Available Separately||Always Performed|
|F5MET||5-Methyltetrahydrofolate||Yes, (order F5M)||Yes|
|FNTM||Neurotransmitter Metabolites/Amines||Yes, (order FNEU)||Yes|
|FFTHB||Tetrahydrobiopterin/Neopterin||Yes, (order FFTEN)||Yes|
High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Electrochemistry & Fluorescences
Medical Neurogenetics collection kit (MCL Supply T657) required.
Each collection kit contains 5 microcentrifuge tubes.
1) CSF should be collected from the first drop into the tubes in the numbered order. Fill each tube to the marked line with the required volumes.
Tube 1: 0.5 mL
Tube 2: 1.0 mL
Tube 3: 1.0 mL (contains antioxidants necessary to protect the same integrity)
Tube 4: 1.0 mL
Tube 5: 1.0 mL
-If samples not blood contaminated, the tubes should be placed on dry ice at bedside.
-If samples are blood contaminated, the tubes should immediately be centrifuged (prior to freezing) and the clear CSF transferred to new similarly labeled tubes, then frozen.
-Store samples at -80 until they can be shipped.
2) Complete Medical Neurogenetics, LLC request form, marking the following three tests: Neurotransmitter Metabolites, Tetrahydrobiopterin and 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate. Also include sample date and date of birth.
3) Label tubes with patient name and ID number, leaving the tube number viewable.
4) Place samples inside the specimen transport bag and the Medical Neurogenetics, LLC request form inside the pouch of the transport bag.
5) Ship samples frozen on dry ice.
|Specimens other than||CSF in special collection kit (MCL supply T657)|
|Anticoagulants other than||NA|
|Specimen Type||Temperature||Time||Special Container|
|CSF||Frozen (preferred)||CSF KIT|
(years) (nmol/L) (nmol/L) (nmol/L)
0-0.2 208-1159 337-1299 <300
0.2-0.5 179-711 450-1132 <300
0.5-2.0 129-520 294-1115 <300
2.0-5.0 74-345 233-928 <150
5.0-10 66-338 218-852 <100
10-15 67-189 167-563 <100
Adults 67-140 145-324 <100
Age BH4 Neop
(years) (nmol/L) (nmol/L)
0-0.2 40-105 7-65
0.2-0.5 23-98 7-65
0.5-2.0 18-58 7-65
2.0-5.0 18-50 7-65
5.0-10 9-40 7-40
10-15 9-32 8-33
Adults 10-30 8-28
Note: If test results are inconsistent with the clinical presentation, please call our laboratory to discuss the case and/or submit a second sample for confirmatory testing.
DISCLAIMER required by the FDA for high complexity clinical laboratories: HPLC testing was developed and its performance
characteristics determined by Medical Neurogenetics. These HPLC tests have not been cleared or approved by the U.S. FDA.
Monday through Friday
82542 – 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate
82542 – Tetrahydrobiopterin/Neopterin
82542, 83497, 83150 – Neurotransmitter Metabolites/Amines
|Test Id||Test Order Name||Order LOINC Value|
|FNTSM||Neurotransmitter Profile 3||Not Provided|
|Result Id||Test Result Name||
Result LOINC Value
Applies only to results expressed in units of measure originally reported by the performing laboratory. These values do not apply to results that are converted to other units of measure.